Update from Administrator – April 13, 2021
We hope this email finds you well and that you are enjoying the great start to our Spring season. Thankfully, we continue to be free of the Covid-19 virus and have been able to provide our residents with more opportunities for engagement throughout the facility. We have small group activities occurring multiple times a day and we have started reopening our dining rooms to help facilitate improved socialization.
We want to provide some reminders about our visitation policy, based on requirements set by our state’s DPH and the CDC. We do apologize, but the below is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity for visits, under the strict state and federal guidelines we must adhere to. We know this is not the optimal way to visit your loved one, but these guidelines have been put in place with your loved one and our staff’s best interest in mind.
To clarify a few of the below points, a “fully vaccinated” individual is defined as your loved one being two weeks post receiving BOTH of their vaccination doses.
- Residents may have up to 2 visitors at a time. If space allows for an outdoor visit we may be able to accommodate an additional visitor or two but that is situational based on the overall number of visitors in the space
- Please, do not bring food or beverages to the visit, as masks must remain on at all times.
- Come to the building with mask on that covers your nose and mouth.
- When you arrive, please sanitize hands, fill out COVID exposure questionnaire and sign the one-time document acknowledging that you will follow the visiting guidelines.
- The receptionist will take your temperature if participating in an outdoor visit or the Recreation team will take your temperature for a visit scheduled with them
- Please maintain social distancing during the visit. ** If your loved one is fully vaccinated (two weeks post receiving BOTH of their vaccination doses), you may have close contact with your loved one. Please continue to practice social distancing with our staff and any others you may encounter. This is for indoor and outdoor visitation.
- A staff member will be on hand to answer questions, assist during the visit, and sanitize in between visits.
- Please do not visit when ill or if you have had close contact with someone suspected or confirmed of having Covid-19 in the past 14 days
As part of the CT DPH’s program “Operation Matchmaker”, we have been paired up with Griffin Health to provide vaccines to our unvaccinated residents and to provide second doses of the Pfizer vaccine to those residents who have only received their first dose. Please let us know if you would like your loved one to receive their vaccine so that we can get them added to our list.
Thank you and, as always, please stay safe and healthy!