Update from Administrator – May 18, 2021
We hope this week’s weather forecast remains true – as warmer days are ahead of us. This means more time outside in the fresh air for our residents! We encourage you to take advantage of the weather and schedule an outside visit with your loved one if possible.
By now, I am certain you heard the great news from our federal leadership late last week about updates to mask requirements. While we are as excited and enthusiastic about the news as you, we do not have any updated guidance from our Department of Public Health and the CDC and CMS specific to nursing homes.
We eagerly await the updated guidance on mask usage for those who have been fully vaccinated (two week past their second dose). If your loved one has not been vaccinated yet, please continue to give it serious consideration. We will continue to advocate and encourage any staff who have not received their vaccination to do so ASAP. We will also continue to provide the opportunity and availability of the vaccine to unvaccinated staff and residents.
Some updates for you:
- As mentioned earlier in this update, the CMS, CDC, and state continue to update their guidance for nursing homes – and we’ll keep you up to date on any changes. If you are unfamiliar with our protocols, please ask us.
- Nothing has changed over the past week.
- We continue to explore ways to increase our visitation calendar, especially for outside visitations, which remains the preferred choice of visitation by CMS and our state DPH.
Recreation / Activities:
- We are delighted to hold small, socially distanced group activities.
- National Nursing Home Week went great, and our residents were able to enjoy many great activities including entertainers.
- Our Recreation team is working hard to continue planning activities. We are currently scheduling entertainment through the month of June and are excited to offer several great programs soon.
We hope you have a great week and look forward to seeing you!!
Marisa Jones LNHA, MBA
Administrator, Litchfield Woods Health Care Center